Tax Preparation Assistance
- Please note that the due date for New York State personal income tax returns as well as Federal income returns has been extended to July 15, 2020
- NYC Free Tax Prep – tax preparation resources through the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs
- VITA Assistance – If your income was $56,000 or less in 2019, you’re eligible to have an IRS-certified volunteer prepare your income tax returns at no cost at a Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) site near you.
- Tax Preparation Help through the AARP Foundation – AARP’s Tax-Aide program is providing online methods for the preparation of taxes at no cost. Some in-person service is also available on a limited basis.
- The NYC Financial Justice Hotline provides information and referrals regarding: credit reporting and repair, unfair debt collection, rent-to-own stores, payday loans, tax refund loans and more for community groups and low-income New Yorkers.
- Northern Manhattan Improvement Corporation provides advocacy and legal, social, and other services and programs for those who need it.
- Call NYC’s Department for the Aging at 212-Aging-NYC (212-244-6469) or call 311 to be referred to someone who can help.